With the holidays in full swing, your decorating game is probably gearing up. You may even have most of the interior decorating done. But what about your kitchen and bathroom? Most people overlook these two areas of their home when decorating for the approaching holiday and concentrate more on the living room and dining room areas. If, however, you want to maintain the festive feel throughout your home, you should decorate all areas, without having to remodel the kitchen and bathroom.
Holiday Decorating Ideas for Kitchens
Decorating is fun and sometimes considered necessary, especially important if you are hosting holiday get-togethers or parties. Thankfully, the following ideas can help get your kitchen and bathroom ready for the holidays with minimal effort.
- Accent your kitchen cabinets by attaching holiday-themed ribbon down the middle of each cabinet door. This will give the cabinet doors a “wrapped present” look without having to actually cover the door in wrapping paper. To finish the look, attach a matching ribbon to the middle of each door.
- If you have a chandelier hanging in your kitchen, you can wrap a strand of garland around it and nestle some attractive decorations and strand of sparkling lights. If the chandelier hangs above the kitchen table, you can hang Christmas tree bulbs or cleaned pine cones attached to ribbon from it. For a more dramatic look, hang the bulbs or pine cones at varying height.
- Decorate windows by stringing vintage cookie cutters and then hanging them across the window, and set seasonal flowers, such as poinsettias, paper whites or amaryllis, on the windowsill. If you prefer not to use live plants, you can purchase fake potted plants that look just like the real thing without the hassle of watering and caring for live plants.
- Remove your old kitchen chair set covers and replace them with ones covered in holiday fabric. Tie a matching wide ribbon around the back of each chair. Attach a small pine and pine cone bouquet to the back to complete the look.
- Make a quick and simple centerpiece by filling vases with candy canes or pine cones and pine. You can also fill a glass vase with cranberries and set a small candle in the middle. Place your homemade centerpiece in the middle of your table, which should be covered in a holiday-themed tablecloth or runner.
Holiday Decorating Ideas for Bathrooms
- Replace your everyday hand towels with holiday-themed ones. An alternative option is to tie a ribbon into a bow around the middle of each hand towel.
- If you have a toilet seat cover, switch it out for one that displays a holiday design, such as Santa Claus or snowmen. You can also purchase holiday-themed shower curtains if so desired.
- Frame the bathroom mirror with pine garland accented with red berries and red bows. Place a few holiday-themed knickknacks, such as reindeer or snowmen, on your bathroom shelves or vanity. You can also place a few holiday candles that are of varying heights on the bathroom sink. If you do use candles in the bathroom, make sure to light them before your guests arrive.
- Attach large, decorative Christmas bulbs to ribbons and hang them in a cluster in your bathroom, such as near the sink or toilet. Hang them from the ceiling at different heights to add a more dramatic effect.